Sunday, March 31, 2013

Barrel Cave's New Selection From Kysela Pere et Fils



Barrel Cave is please to introduce the newest additions to the product line! Wines pictured from left to right: 2009 Figaro Tinto Calatayud, 2012 Vina Siegel Crucero Chardonnay and Patton Valley De-Classified Pinot Noir. See below for more information.

          



About the Distributor: Kysela Pere et Fils, LTD.

Let's begin with the Biography of Frank Kysela:

"I became acquainted with wine around the age of fifteen. This was in the early 1970’s and I was first interested in German wines. I remember falling in love with the Steinberger Riesling Kabinett Staatsweingüter in the 1971, ’75 and ’76 vintages, but especially the 1975. My father initially introduced me to wine through his tasting groups, most notably Les Amis du Vin. My early education in wine centered around the classic growing regions of France, Germany, Italy and Spain. What I do today is an outgrowth of that early training. From my initial interest in wine education and wine collection (My father is one of the top collectors in the U.S.A. and still maintains a 7,000 bottle cellar in Cleveland, Ohio), I soon became drawn into the trade. In the early 1980’s I was attending graduate school at Cleveland State University majoring in Zoology. At that time a position selling Fetzer wines became available at a local distributor. Being a student with little money, I took the job knowing I could use the extra income and thinking, erroneously, that I could work in the wine business “part time”. The wine business soon became all consuming and  I left graduate school all together. I have now been in the wine business 16 years. I have worked as a wholesale representative, wine steward, national sales director (for Kermit Lynch and Weygandt-Metzler), and wine importer. In 1989, I received the Master Sommelier award from the British Court of Master Sommeliers. In addition, in 1992 I passed 50% of the Master of Wine diploma (the tasting half – I still need to complete the essays). My philosophy on wine is one based on quality. Nothing else matters but the quality of the juice in the bottle. I look for wines that are true to type and classic in their flavors. I prefer wines that are fresh and bright and show good fruit/acid balance. I am not a new oak person, feeling that too much wood obscures true regional character. The wines I select are focused and on target. There is nothing more exciting than tasting a wine that hits the mark." 
- Frank Kysela, Owner and President of Kysela Pere et Fils, LTD.
Location: Winchester, Virginia
Establishment: 1993


The New Selection

Barrel Cave currently has the following selection from Kysela Pere et Fils. 
-To visit the wine shop page for a particular bottle, please click on the name of the wine.-


  
 We love this selection because each wine has been tasted and approved by real Barrel Cave customers. We also love the price range for these bottles ( $8.99- $32.99)! As always, if you're buying great wine at a great value, it has to be Barrel Cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment